We are looking for an internal auditor to join the First United Bank team. This candidate is responsible for the internal auditing and reviewing of all functions performed by bank personnel.
The internal bank auditor position is responsible to the Board of Directors (the Board) and the Audit and Compliance Committee for the internal auditing and reviewing of all functions performed by bank personnel. This position maintains and updates auditing procedures as regulated by the Board and regulatory agencies and reports results of the audits conducted to the Board and Audit and Compliance Committee.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop a comprehensive internal audit program for the bank and perform financial and operational audits in accordance with the internal audit program.
- Coordinate the department’s activities with the head of the Audit and Compliance Department and all applicable regulatory agencies and examiners to best utilize available resources and achieve established objectives.
- Assist the Audit Committee in fulfillment of its duties and responsibilities.
- Meet with the Audit Committee quarterly to discuss and approve the department’s scope and schedule for the coming year and periodically to review and discuss audit findings and other matters at other such times as necessary.
- Review bank practices and records for compliance with established internal policies and procedures.
- Develop recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of bank records and record-keeping.
- Report audit findings and recommendations to appropriate management based on the results of regularly scheduled audits, non-scheduled audits, and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Conduct investigations of irregularities discovered by or brought to the auditor’s attention.
- Investigate (as requested by senior management or the bank’s security officer) fraud, embezzlements, and defalcations within the bank and work in cooperation with law enforcement agencies in any such cases as deemed necessary.
- Perform other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives, and responsibilities of the internal audit department and with the approval of the Audit Committee.
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Financial Management
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and other light office work.
Position Type/Expected Hours Of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education And Experience
- Three or more years of related experience in banking or at a financial institution.
- Professional certification (CPA, CBA, CIA or CFSA) will be required (may earn certification after).
Preferred Education And Experience
As an auditor, you will need to have attention to detail, possess a professional attitude, have strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated, have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision with a positive disposition and strong organizational skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Send Your Resume To:
First United Bank
PO Box 150
Park River, ND 58270