Snap. Click. Deposit
Mobile Deposit from First United Bank is the secure and convenient way to deposit checks at the bank without having to go to the bank. It’s as simple as snapping a picture of your check and submitting it to the bank using mobile banking.
Educational Tips On Using Mobile Check Deposit:
- Before logging into the Mobile Deposit app, close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone.
- Sign/endorse the back of the check and label as: “For Deposit Only via Mobile Capture.”
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
Other Important Information:
- Only one check may be submitted per deposit.
- Checks deposited prior to 2:45 p.m. central time will be credited the same business day. Those received after this cut-off will be processed on the next business day.
- Your deposit will not appear on internet banking until after 3:15 p.m. Processing times may vary up to 5:00 p.m.
- If for some reason your deposit is rejected after 3:15 p.m., we will contact you.
- You can track your check’s progress by reviewing “Deposit History” in the mobile app.
- Destroy the check within two days after you’re sure the deposit was credited.
- Some phones may not be compatible with Mobile Capture-please ask one of our representatives if you have questions about your device.
- If check has been endorsed but cannot be accepted/processed through mobile capture, please bring the check into your local branch and we will deposit it for you.
- Deposits will show on your statement as “MOBILE CAPTURE DEPOSIT.”
Tips For A Good Photo:
- Take the photo in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on a solid, dark background.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen.
- Avoid capturing too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Make sure the entire check image (all four corners) is visible.
- Make sure the image is in focus and not blurry.
- Make sure the MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks.
- Do not submit images with shadows across the check.
We Do Not Accept The Following Checks For Mobile Deposit:
- Checks drawn on a bank outside the U.S.
- Third-party checks
- Checks payable to more than one party
To get started, contact your local First United Bank today.